cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 cucm @ hq, 2 remote gw at branch, multicast Moh.

yenlung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I had 2 call managers in a cluster, 2 voice gateways at a remote branch.
I would like to have a multicast Moh streaming from the voice gateway, with redundancy (if one cucm or one gw fails) the Mmoh can still be stream to phone
Is this possible?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

3 Replies 3

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Yenlung,

If I understand you correctly you want to have Multicast MoH sourced from the remote router’s flash. You have two CUCM servers at a HQ site and two voice gateways at a single remote site separated from HQ by a WAN. You are considering redundancy for MoH.

Considering the above, I think your best option would be to use one server as a Multicast MoH server and backup one as Unicast MoH server. This should take care of all scenario of any CUCM failure as well as if any one gateway fails. Put the Multicast MoH and Unicast MoH in the same MRGL and assign to device pool. Configure both the gateways to stream multicast from 239.1.1.1 (with different priorties...?). I think this is the only option where you can get full redundancy.

If gateway with better priority fails, second gateway should provide the Multicast MoH. If CUCM Server streaming Multicast MoH failes you will get Unicast from backup server.

Having redundacy for only Multicast MoH, streamed from router's flash, with taking into account both gateway and CUCM fail overs may get very complex and not feasible.

Hope that helps!

Terry

Hello,

I had thought of that.

For the different priorities in the 2 multicast stream, how can we achieve it?

Is the command ip pim dr-priority?

If the priorities is not set, 2 stream of music will be played to the MOH Client.

Regards,

Yen Lung

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can try with ip pim dr-priority 100 on interface of primary router, higher priority would be better....by default all have same priority of 1, in that case higher ip address is chosen.

Once you manually specify this and this acts as DR with higher priority. If this gateway goes down the secondary should take over and becomes the router streaming your multicast.

Or if first approach doesnt work somehow, another simpler but manual option is use one gateway to stream MMoH. Configure second with all comands except the multicast command. Once one goes down you will get alerts etc then manually add one line multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route x y on second. Second will start streaming at same ip. You will need to manually add/remove after every outage.

Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App