cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

7945g keeps trying to upgrade and reeboots. HELP!!!!

ancscorp1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. So I bought a cisco 7945g to use with ring central but found out I needed to change it to SIP. I saw a post where someone said to restart while holding the # sign. Then I pressed 123456789*0#  Big mistake! Now it keeps restarting, trying to "upgrade" (but doesn') then repeats the cycle over and over. Can someone please tell me how to get this resolved. I would really appreciate it. thanks!

2 Replies 2

was this phone working before and is it trying to register to CUCM or CME.

proablaby the phone is not able to reach the tftp server to get its config file, make sure the tftp server is reachable and try restart the tftp service, also try the phone on a diffrent switchport.

do you see any other phone in the network with the same behaviuor ? and what to do you see in the phone status message.

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You won't be able to resolve it with CME, please configure this phone on any CUCM and try to register to it. It will be able to connect to CUCM TFTP and should be able to download the firmware from TFTP and will boot up and register.

Once the firmware is successfully able to download the firmware, you should be able to use with CME as well.

~Amit