Views
Helpful
Replies

7965 wrong time (CUCM 6.1)

schemberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

we are using CUCM 6.1(2) with some 7965 and a lot of 7960/40.

All 7940/60 have correct time at its display, only the 7965 are between 3 and 10 seconds behind the cucm-time.

After booting a 7965 it is in sync with CUCM time.

It seems that the 7965 only syncs time when rebooting (power off/on).

Anyone with this problem?

Regards

Axel

8 Replies 8

schemberg
Level 1
Level 1

Could anyone please verify wether his/her 7945/7965phone has correct time?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Axel

Hi alex,

we have the same issue as yours, the 7965 delay 10 seconds per day. The callmanager in version 6.1(2) are sync. with the NTP server, only the phone's clock is not match with the server.Cisco case is created today.

Anyone know the way to solve this issue, please share with us.

Is the isue relative to phone firmware?

Michael.

Hi Michael,

we used SCCP45.8-3-5S until now. I upgraded my phone to SCCP45.8-4-1SR1S just now and it has an delay of about 1 or 2 seconds.

I just wanted to ensure, that I did what TAC would ask me first to do.

Do you have any SR open?

Regards

Axel

Hi guys,

If this issue is still topical I've faced it too on different IP phone models. There is bug about it - CSCsc29075. It seems that it is normal behavior. IP phone synchronizes its time upon activity. But I still wonder why the difference so big, it can be 10 seconds for the day and even more.

If have any other result regarding this issue please share it with me.

Regards,

Yuri.

check the ntp timezone...

Thank you for reply.

Yes, there is a ntp reference at the time zone settings. But it is for SIP phones. How can it help me?

Hi Yuri,

TAC told me that it works as designed ...

We saw this at 7965 and it is still present: a few seconds delay.

We were told, that the time sync mechanism is more complicated + JAVA that causes the delay *ROFL* ... OK, may be some one believes that, don't know.

Solution: Use SIP with NTP-references.

We decided to live with this "design".

Kind regards

Axel

Hi Alex,

I supposed something like that. And I think that there is no hardware clock in IP phones. If there was hw clock it would work fine. Simply IP phones not enough expensive to have it :)

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers,

Yuri.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: