cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

8865 Phone config will not show BEKEM 36-button module

jeff.socha
Level 1
Level 1

I have attached the MEKEM 36 button expansion module to the phone and associated power supply.

The phone shows the module as connected and firmware being loaded.

The UC 10.5 8865 phone configuration does not show the expansion module as being available to add lines.

I have tried a reset on the phone as well as the expansion module.

When I remove the module from the phone config in Call Manager the module responds by turning off and when added back to the config it turns back on.

I know the 8865 phones are goofy and need lines before they register I didn't know if there was anything similar for the expansion module.

Any suggestions would help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There's no phone button template that would work that's out of the box, you need to create/adjust one for the sidecar, right now, you're limited to just the lines the 8865 can have, as that's the phone button template you're using.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you added the sidecar to the phone config in CUCM, and configured the phone button template as required.

HTH

java

I have added the sidecar in CUCM.

I have the phone button template set to Standard 8865 SIP.

Does the sidecar require a different phone button template to display the extra extensions?

What phone button template would work with the MEKEM 36 expansion module.

Thank you,

There's no phone button template that would work that's out of the box, you need to create/adjust one for the sidecar, right now, you're limited to just the lines the 8865 can have, as that's the phone button template you're using.

HTH

java

Got it created and added.

Thank you.

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jeff,

you can look at the below video for help with creating phone button template.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3i09lb4YMg

Customize one for your requirement

HTH

JB