Views
Helpful
Replies

8945 Video Calls freezing and Phone reboots

sud.panta
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone!

We have two sets of CP-8945 one with hardware revision 4 and other with hardware revision 3.

Hardware revision 3 (with firmware 9.3.4.17) is working well with asterix but for hardware revision 4 (with firmware 9.4.2) has issues with video calls. The video calls get initiated but hangs after 5 secs and phone itself reboots.

Tried downgrading firmware from 9.4.2 to 9.3.4 for hardware revision 4 phones, but downgrade failed as well. We are using TFTP server for upgrade/downgrade of firmware.

Any solution to solve video calls issue either with exiting firmware 9.4.2 or by downgrading to 9.3.4.

Your help with be kindly appreciated in this regard.

Cheers

Sud

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate thread.

Kindly post all responses in the original thread (HERE).

So ... I know it's been a while ...  any tips for fixing the video call freezing? I am hunting for 9.3.4 firmware to try

Hi,

Sorry but to download firmware and upgrades, you need a service contract that covers phones and CUCM software.

If you have further questions please don’t hesitate to ask

Thanks 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Super helpful, thank you

I know it’s not an answer but we cannot share firmware here.

Are you using the phone with a third party PBX such as Asterisk or it’s on CUCM ?

Please let me know 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Hi Carlo. These phones are being used by my kids, not a Fortune 500 opportunity for Cisco. I think it would be good to see this great old hardware used rather than turn into landfill.

I am using Asterisk and my own TFTP server for the XML's and firmware, etc. This is the sort of interoperability that SIP handset firmware offers. Everything works great - provisioning, calls, voicemail, even receiving video calls. But sending video causes a handset crash within 1 minute every time. Some folks have suggested prior editions of firmware to fix this. 

I'd also note that I did create a personal account on Cisco and the firmware files were made available to me to download. But there's nothing there now presumably since it is EOL. 

Thanks for any help. Understand files can't be posted here but any introductions or leads would be appreciated. 

arambasil
Level 1
Level 1

Regretfully, downloading firmware and upgrades requires a valid service contract covering both phones and CUCM software.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out.

Thank you for your understanding.