Views
Helpful
Replies

ATA 187 Fax issue

m.elmaaroufi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm wondering a strange pb with my ATA 187 registered with cucm 8.0.3, the issue is when i'm sending a fax it will be ok but when i want reveiving one i get the message debug: netwwork out of order via debug isdn q931

my architecture is like:

FAx---->ATA187------->CUCM------------->ALCATEL 4400---------->PSTN--------------------------FAX

my parameters are:

codec g711alaw

modem passthrough nse codec G711alaw

best regards

Med

4 Replies 4

priyk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

From whatever limited information you have provided  :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk379/technologies_tech_note09186a008012e95f.shtml

Network out of order

The destination is not reachable because of a network                 malfunction. The condition can last for an extended period. An immediate                 attempt to reconnect will probably fail.

If you use a long distance carrier, try to use a Presubscribed                 Inter-exchange Carrier (PIC). For example, you can use a 10-10-xyz carrier. A                 PIC enables you to verify whether the problem lies with the long distance                 carrier.

Thank you for answering, how can i fix it,

best regards

Med

Christopher Graham
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A couple of issues with you current config. Do you have a Cisco gateway/CUBE between CUCM and Alcatel?  If not, Alcatel will not support an NSE based switchover as this is Cisco proprietary.  And on that same note, the ATA also does not support modem passthrough.  If Alcatel supports T38, this is your best option.  If not, you will need to set up the ATA as fax passthrough.  Please see the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cata/187/1_0/english/administration/guide/sip/a187_ag7fax.html

Hello,

I'd like to thank you for your response, i'll test the t38 with Alcatel and waiting what that give, i have configured the ATA in Passthroug before with the parameters mentionned in the documents but without any result, so i'll test T38 and give a feedback about the output, thank you again

Med