Helpful
Replies

ATA187 Second Line Problem

comms-care
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a customer with the following problem:

The second port of their ATA187s are constantly trying to register and establishes UDP connections with the site firewall. Eventually this exceeds the max connections on the F/W and results in a major site problem. The customer has overcome this by assigning a DN on the 2nd line. However, this creates a 2nd device in effect. The customer is migarting soon from CUCM ver 8.5.1 to the latest version 10.

My questions: is there a way to disable the second port on the ata187? I know this is possible on the 186/188's but I don't think we can on the 187s?

Will moving to 10.x help this situation? They need to know because, they will have to buy twice the number of essential licenses just to fix this annoying problem.

They have upgraded the ata187s to the latest firmware.

Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately 187's does not support disabling of 2nd line. Moving to 10.X, customer will have to use the same solution as they are using right now.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately 187's does not support disabling of 2nd line. Moving to 10.X, customer will have to use the same solution as they are using right now.

Regards

Aditya Gupta

comms-care
Level 1
Level 1

Many thanks.