cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Manager UK/GB text relay on 18002

Peter Kelly
Level 1
Level 1

We have an issue where we are unable to dial the UK text relay service.

This service can be accessed by dialling 18002 + Area Code + Number.  When we try to dial 18002 it is matched immediately and does not allow the area code or number to be entered.

I've tried adding more specific route patterns (e.g. 180020[1-9]!) but the call still matches on 18002 and drops the call (digits typed on handset and then the dial key pressed.  As soon as the 18002 digits hit the error condition is seen).  

I have spoken to other people in my company and they have experienced similar issues.

Has anyone come across this fault and have been able to deploy a successful workaround?

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you have a 18002 pattern with urgent priority???

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Not at all. The only thing I can think of is that the GB dial plan (@) has it listed as urgent priority

It's clearly matching something with urgent priority to get that behavior, run DNA against that number and see what you get.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Tried that and it matches against the more specific route pattern deployed. That's what's really confuses me. Much like you urgent priority and then DNA analysis were my go to. 

My plan for tomorrow is to put the specific pattern in its own CSS and PA. Assign that to a test line and see what happen