cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls follow rotating schedule?

travisbarden
Level 1
Level 1

We are running CUCM/Unity 11.5. We have several departments that have on-call cell phones that they pass to another team member each week.

I would like to be able to setup a rotating schedule for after hours calls to forward to the cell phone of the person who is on-call.

Is there any way to do this?

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Depending on how complex this is, you could use ToD on CUCM

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry, I didn't make it clear that I would like to replace these on-call cell phones with a schedule that forwards calls to an individuals cell/home phone.

This is more complicated than just time of day routing. For example, say the department has 3 members that currently share the on-call phone. Instead, each week the calls would go to a different person on their personal phone.

Week 1 - Bob

Week 2 - John

Week 3 - Matt

then repeat

Week 4 - Bob

Week 5 - John

Week 6 - Matt

I know I could setup one extension and change the call forwarding each week. But I would like to set it up once and then only it touch if changes are needed.

I do not believe you can do that with CUCM or CUC, there's no way to tell the config to repeat after x amount of weeks, you might be able to do something like that, but it wold involve some custom development and use the external call control feature in CUCM

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate