cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls from AA to extension not forwaded to Voicemail

tshallahamer1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm facing a problem where calls handled by our auto attendant which are then transferred to a users extension aren't being forwarded to voicemail if that extension isn't picked up. External calls are coming in through a SIP trunk, all phones are SIP phones (8961's) and everything but call-forward on calls transferred from CUE is working.

I've configured call-forward b2bua noan 3XXX timeout 20 (where xxx is the extension number) on all the dn's <!--break-->

The AA is at extension 2000, and another one at extension 2002

The voicemail pilot is 3000

all extensions are 3 digits, and start with "1"

My call flow is as follows:

1. Call arrives, is forwarded to extension 2002

2. Check if the business is open If no, forward to extension 2000 (see step 5). If yes, go to step 3

3. Forward incoming call to huntgroup at extension 199

4. If no one on hunt group picks up the call, forward to extension 2002 (where the main AA script runs)

5. Play Greeting

6. Check for alternate greeting, if it exists play it next

7. Check if business is open, if yes play "Sorry-Busy" if no play "Sorry-Closed", if closed due to holiday play "Sorry-Closed-Holliday" proceed to main menu

8. Main Menu, caller can dial by extension at any time, because all extensions start with "1", pressing 2 will allow callers to hear a list of extensions, 3 will also play a list of extensions, but extensions dialed after pressing 3 will transfer the call to the voicemail for that extension. Pressing 5 is available only when the alternate greeting exists, and forwards calls to an external number. pressing 6 allows the caller to get our address and directions, 7 will (re)play office hours, 9 replays menu message

There's more error handling and whatnot, but that's the gist of the system.

When a caller intiates a dialbyextension, by pressing 1 at the main menu the script listens for 2 more digits, then tries the extension. If the user at that extension doesn't pick up the call, it should get forwarded to voicemail, but that's not happening. The extension just rings and rings and rings. The phones at the extension show the incoming call, and show it ringing, no attempt to transfer. I'm not sure what's going on here. If a call gets answered by a human, and then transferred to an extension, and then that call isn't picked up, the call gets transferred to voicemail no problem. If the caller hits the AA, and selects 3 to leave a voicemail, and selects a vaild extension, the call gets transferred to voicemail. If an internal caller dials an extension, and the call isn't picked up, it gets forwarded to voicemail. It's only when calls are first transferred by the AA that they aren't getting forwarded to voicemail.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Hi,

what happens if you foward that extension to voicemail for all calls and you select that extension through AA?

Please make this test for me and let me know.

Thanks 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Just tried. First I used the forward-all button on my phone and had it direct all calls to 3104. Called into the aa from my cell phone, dialed my extension, and got dead air. No ring tone, no voicemail, just silence. Turned that off, made sure I could recieve calls from the AA again, then I set call-forward b2bua all 3104 from the cli on my dn, and the same thing happened, just silence. I'll post some debugs in a minute.

While I was generating debugs, I discovered one extension was properly forwarding. Looking at the configs I noticed it was the only extension not configured as a shared-line. Because the other extensions didn't need to be configured as shared-lines any more I sinmply removed that line from all the dn's that have mailboxes and problem solved. Thanks for your help anyway

Glad you have solved you issue.

Cheers

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"