Views
Helpful
Replies

Calls from Analog Phone FXS port to PSTN using E1

aelankoud
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have Cisco ISR4321, CUCME v11.0, with 1 E1 controller, and 2FXS/4FXO Ports.
All my SIP Phones works perfectly, and the Analog Phone for FXS Port can call the Local IP Phones, and receive the calls from local and the PSTN
but, it can't make call to the Outside using DID (E1)

I checked the debug voice ccapi inout command, I found that the Analog Phone use the dial-peer voip for CME, that is it take the first 4 digits from the external number (ex : called number : 0661XXXXXXXX => 0661), how can I enforce it to use the E1 (DID) for PSTN
how can I configure dial-peer pots for this ?
you find below the Important configuration for our Router :

voice-port 0/2/0
 timeouts ringing infinity
 description ## FAX 1 ##
 station-id name Fax1
 station-id number 0001 ==> Analog Phone Number
 caller-id enable

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 description ## To FAX #
 destination-pattern 0001
 port 0/2/0

dial-peer voice 10 voip
 description ## Les appels entrant depuis l'exterieur ##
 destination-pattern 0....      ===> Local Numbers
 progress_ind setup enable 3
 session target ipv4:X.X.X.X   ==> IP @ of CME
 voice-class codec 100
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte
 no vad

dial-peer voice 123 pots
 destination-pattern 05........   ==> to External Number
 progress_ind setup enable 3
 progress_ind alert enable 8
 no digit-strip
 direct-inward-dial
 port 0/1/0:15
 forward-digits all

Any Suggestions

Thank you, Youssef.

3 Replies 3

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Youssef,

please share the debug logs and calling/called details as i can't see any dial peer that is matching your details of called number.

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Hi Yousef,

dialpeer 10 is matched because its the 1st match when cme starts call routing. Dialpeer 10 (0...) will immediately match 0661 and ingore the reset digits (assuming that phones are using kpml which is most likely the case).

To overcome the problem modify you local dp 10 to match the range of local extensions. For example if your extension range is 8xx then dp 10 should be 08...

Then configure proper dial peer for e1 calls as you dont have one to match 06.......

Good practice is used access codes when it comes to dial outside and you strip on the dial peer. For example users can dial 906613456765 where 9 is access code and then you strip it on outside dp. This access code shouldn't be used for local calls.

Hi Mohammed,

thank you for your reply.

I added the second digit on the DP 10 voip (destination-petern 00..) and now work perfectly.

but I have another problem :

I created 4 groups, 1- Local calls, 2- National Phones, 3-for National Mobiles, 4-for International Calls
I would like to configure and assign FXS ports in the International Calls group, how can I configure this?

thank you.

youssef.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: