Views
Helpful
Replies

cannot put a call on hold - CCM 6.1

maugusto.eu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello experts!

Just when i´m talking through Gatekeeper, in ip phone i cannot put the call "on hold", or do a transfer, conference or park. Anything that try to put the call on background doesnt work.

In this CCM i have a route via H323 to a 2811 and a route to a Gatekeeper. and the route to 2811 works fine !

more informations:

* the ip phone is configured to busy trigger = 2 and max. number of calls = 4.

* CCM Version = 6.1.3-1000-16.

* occurs in all ip phones

* if a second call rings the phone, is impossible to attend

* was configured the Call Park

* is a single CCM server

* tried with/without the "Media Termination Point Requiried" in the Trunk configuration

* tried with OnNet and OffNet in the Route Pattern corresponding

* even with inbound and outbound calls

Tanks for your time.

3 Replies 3

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like a supplimentary service failure likely due to an MTP allocation failure.  If you check in the real time monitoring tool (RTMT) under the system log viewer there likely is a alert for media resource list exhausted at the same time that the call was placed.

Hi joemar,

I tested your hypothesis, but this also occurs at midnight (when the CCM is completely quiet).

Maybe i´m in face with a bug ?

Tanks.

It's no so much that all the MTP resources are used up, but rather an allocation failure for some reason (possibly no matching codecs on each side, or DTMF capabilities) so you could see a failure to allocate any MTP which would raise the MRGL exhausted alert even if you have available resources.  Did you see that alert from RTMT?  The next step after this would be to pull detailed call manager traces using this guide to see what's going on: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml