Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1751-V ISDN <-> SIP

gaberman123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this question is a little apsurd, but I need a little help. I am all new in Cisco, so don't take my question as bad

I have a client that has Cisco 1751-V with cards:

1. PVDM-12

2. PVDM-256K-4

3. WIC-1B-S/T-V3

and IOS version is 12.4. (voice). Is it possible to configure the router to act as a SIP trunk? That is, ISDN (voice) <-> SIP. Basically the router would be SIP trunk for outbound and inbound calls over ISDN.

Thanks,

Gabrijel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gabrijel,

The WIC-1B-S/T-V3 is a 'Data' ISDN card not a 'Voice' card I am sorry to say, looking at the this document:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a0080111b16.shtml

I like VIC-2BRI-NT-TE and VIC-2BRI-NT-TE are supported in a 1751 but I would choose a much newer router if I was looking at attempting a SIP gateway. The 17XX is getting a little old even for Lab use now.

Sorry,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

gaberman123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just a little update...I was able to configure WIC as voice but there is no voice-port and port in configuration of dial-peer .... pots:-/ Layer 1 of ISDN is connected so this is working. Also, when called, the line is ringing but nothing happens: it just rings and rings.

Any opinion or experience would be appriciated. While I don't know if I just need to buy a VIC card or change IOS or perhaps booth? Thanks,

Gabrijel

Gabrijel,

The WIC-1B-S/T-V3 is a 'Data' ISDN card not a 'Voice' card I am sorry to say, looking at the this document:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a0080111b16.shtml

I like VIC-2BRI-NT-TE and VIC-2BRI-NT-TE are supported in a 1751 but I would choose a much newer router if I was looking at attempting a SIP gateway. The 17XX is getting a little old even for Lab use now.

Sorry,

Craig

(PLEASE RATE HELPFUL POSTS)

Thanks a lot. Now I know in what direction to look and search for

Regards,

Gabrijel