cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8861 and Lenovo Network Drivers

hartgravesc1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone. I am curious if anyone else has seen this issue. We have a peculiar issue that I cannot find any information on. The issue began sometime last year.

We noticed certain computers that were plugged into the switchport of 8861's were dropping the network. When we plugged other devices into the switchport, they would work just fine on the network. We have found that the combination of Lenovo desktop computers running Windows 10 with 8861's does not work. Our helpdesk started rolling back to older drivers and that seemed to have fixed it.

Well yesterday (1/10/17) was patch Tuesday and lo and behold the issue starts again first thing in the morning for one of our employees with a Cisco 8861 and a Lenovo deskop running Windows 10.

I am just curious if Cisco/Lenovo/Microsoft is aware of this or if anyone else is experiencing this.

Regards.

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I am just curious if Cisco/Lenovo/Microsoft is aware of this or if anyone else is experiencing this.

This issue is not a "Cisco/Lenovo/Microsoft" issue but rather the issue involving the wired NIC driver.

What is the exact make/model of the NIC card of the Lenovo machine and what is the exact wireless driver it's running on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: