cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8861 ENTER ACTIVATION CODE OR SERVICE DOMAIN

immu_91700
Level 1
Level 1

I have brand new Cisco 8861 and 3 Expansion modules when i open from box and connected all expansion modules to phone, when i connect to POE i got message on phone display ENTER ACTIVATION CODE OR SERVICE DOMAIN . kindly do the need full if anyone have the answer for above question.

action taken 

1. phone not getting register 

2. after adding the Mac Address restarted the TFTP services but still the same  

3. the Expansion Modules also not getting power up 

FYI 

i have CUCM 10.5 and its in production 

Thanks,

Imran

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
That's because the phone came with 3PCC firmware.
And no, it is not possible to convert from 3PCC to Enterprise firmware.

Nope, that phone has enterprise FW and those options are for either cloud registration or MRA.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you already configured the device on your CUCM, including the sidecars?

Is the phone able to reach the TFTP or alternate TFTP?

Those messages show up when it can't reach the TFTP to get a configuration file.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Verify your subnet has option 150 enabled.

friedephonero
Level 1
Level 1

Why do I need this stupid activation code? I bought the 8861 phone legally, paid for it in full and want to use it to make calls.I don't belong to any company. If Cisco requires the activation code, why don't they sell it to me? Cisco sells me a phone that I can't use. Instead of giving many possible answers here, it is better to enter the activation code and you're done.

A known working config for 78xx/88xx phone, with Enterprise image, can now be found HERE.