cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 8861 - Packet loss from PC port

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

We've recently started installing Cisco 8861 phones (UCM version 10.5.2) with 10.2.2.16 software. We're starting to get random packet loss issues to devices plugged in to the pc port on the phones. The issue goes away as soon as the device is plugged directly in to the access switch (Cisco 3850 & 3750). We have over 400 installed now and are just seeing a few issues.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like you may be hitting the attached bug.  Pc's connected to 88xx phones intermittently lose connectivity.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Charles Hill
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are the switchports, phones and pcs all set to auto negotiate speed/duplex?

All set to auto negotiate. No errors showing on switch interface.

Is the end-user reporting slowness or are there any other symptoms other than packet loss?

They experience total loss of connection.

Sounds like you may be hitting the attached bug.  Pc's connected to 88xx phones intermittently lose connectivity.

Brad Martin
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks. We disabled the wi-fi on the phones and it helped for a while, but issue came right back. After disabling the EEE the issue is gone. Do you have to go through TAC to get the "fixed" software release?

Unfortunately Tac states this a pc trouble and not a defect in the phone, so there is not a fix on the phone/firmware side.

you may want to open a Tac case to verify, however the bug does state its a pc trouble.

Hello everyone. I hate to be the bearer of bad news here, but when I disabled the EEE settings on my Cisco 2960, it seemed to be ok for about 3 days. Then, this morning, the packets started dropping off again to my laptop that is connected to the PC port on the Cisco 8861 IP Phone.

I did come across a webpage that stated if you are running a version of Windows, check the NIC settings-advanced tab, to ensure you don't have the "control this device from my pc" option checked. Since I unchecked it and ran a -t ping, everything seems to be running smooth with no timeouts or packet loss to the device. Please advise if anyone has attempted this and had any luck with it as well. Thanks and best of luck!!