cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CP-8845 with Asterisk

stanley.chiu
Level 1
Level 1

I know there have been many similar threads,and I have tried my best to piece together information from those, but I think I must still be missing some key details.

I have a Cisco CP-8845 phone that I'm trying to just get registered to an Asterisk 11 machine. I only need basic calls to work at this time, and am not concerned about any of the advanced features.

I have attached a screenshot of the current Device Information.

The phone is getting an IP via DHCP, and it has the TFTP option configured.

On the TFTP server, I did a packet capture and can see the following files are requested:

CTLSEP94D4690AD65D.tlv
ITLSEP94D4690AD65D.tlv
ITLFile.tlv
SEP94D4690AD65D.cnf.xml.sgn
XMLDefault.cnf.xml.sgn
AppDialRules.xml
SKfd699560-d20c-3e9a-dba9-3913ab86b784.xml.sgn

Other posts say I need a "SEP94D4690AD65D.cnf.xml" file, and I have created one in my tftpboot folder, but the above shows the phone is requesting "SEP94D4690AD65D.cnf.xml.sgn". From what I gathered from my brief research, is this for CUCM and not for a generic call manager like Asterisk?

Does this mean the phone is not in the correct mode? In the screenshot above, I also notice that it says the Service Mode is "Enterprise", whereas I saw someone else's screenshot say "On Premise".

If this is indeed wrong, how do I change the mode? The phone already has SIP firmware loaded on it per the screenshot above, does it not?

I have also attached "SEP94D4690AD65D.cnf.xml" here.

Any help to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Correct, enterprise phones are for Cisco call control and if you want to use them with any 3rd party option, you need to provide all the configuration files that they would ask from CUCM/CME but customizing them to point to the 3rd party PBX, plenty of threads with info on that here at CSC.

If you wanted a phone for 3rd party call control, you want to buy the PN that ends in -3PCC (3rd party call control). Those ones you configure via a GUI from the phone and if I remember correctly, they were tested with asterisk. You can find more info if you google: device model + 3pcc

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

@Jaime Valencia wrote:

Correct, enterprise phones are for Cisco call control and if you want to use them with any 3rd party option, you need to provide all the configuration files that they would ask from CUCM/CME but customizing them to point to the 3rd party PBX, plenty of threads with info on that here at CSC.

Thanks for the reply. However, I looked through a lot of similar threads here but was not able to figure out what I'm missing. That was one of the main requests in my original post, to see if anyone could kindly point me in the right direction given the information I already provided.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I want to know if the phone came with 3PCC firmware or Enterprise.  

@Leo Laohoo wrote:

I want to know if the phone came with 3PCC firmware or Enterprise.  

Is there an easy way to determine this after the fact?

Look at the back of the phone.  The Product ID or SKU would have 3PCC in it if the phone came flashed with 3PCC/MPP firmware.  If it did not have 3PCC then the phone came with Enterprise image. 

I have no doubt the phone came with Enterprise firmware because phones with 3PCC/MPP firmware are more expensive (by about $150).  

Its CP-8845-K9=V03

Mr. Cool
Level 1
Level 1

Hye,

Hope all is well,

As i check above threads, same issue faced. Just confirm this issue fixed. If yes how ?