Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Jabber Dial Management

Hi!

We have Cisco jabber on Windows and Mac and we use it for external calls, but we want to use it for internal calls. I need help to find out if it's possible to configure a Cisco Jabber to omit a part of a number and just call the last part that is the extension.  Example I have this number on outlook: +52 (55) xxxxxxxx, 1206  and I jus want that the calling number be 1206 because It's an internal extension.

I tried to do this with Route Patterns, but I really don't know how to do that.

The version of CUCM is 11.0.1.22900-14

Hope you can help me.

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A route pattern is meant for outbound calls, not internal calls.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/jabber-clients/dial-rules-for-jabber-in-cucm-11/td-p/2922636

http://www.unifiedguru.com/cisco-jabber-srnd-notes/

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Simon Coventry
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!!

You sure can, you can use either application dial rules or a translation pattern to achieve this.

Application Dial Rules

In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, use the Call Routing > Dial Rules > Application Dial Rules menu path to configure application dial rules.

The administrator uses dial rules configuration to add and sort the priority of dialing rules. Dial rules for applications such as Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant automatically strip numbers from or add numbers to telephone numbers that a user dials. For example, the dial rules automatically add the digit 9 in front of a 7-digit telephone number to provide access to an outside line.

For example, in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant, the assistant can perform a directory search from the assistant console. The assistant can drag and drop the directory entry to the My Calls panel on the assistant console, which invokes a call to the number that is listed in the entry. The dial rules apply to the number that is listed in the entry before the call gets made.

Translation Patterns

In Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration, use the Call Routing > Translation Pattern menu path to configure translation patterns.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager uses translation patterns to manipulate dialed digits before it routes a call to a destination. In some cases, the system does not use the dialed number. In other cases, the public switched telephone network (PSTN) does not recognize the dialed number.

HTH

MonCov

I tried to do that with Translation Pattern, but it doesn't work. I'm new in this and I don't really know if it's correct. I did this (pictures below):

Hi,

A few things to try:

-Remove the '.' from the translation pattern, you do not need it.

-Verify the Partition is correct, you currently have no partition defined

-Verify the Calling Search Space can see the partition where 1XXX numbers reside

an example of a pattern would be:-

Pattern = \+52551234561XXX

Called Party Transform Mask = 1XXX

p.s. congratulations on the world cup result!!

HTH

MonCov

Hi

I did all that you said (check pictures below) and it still doesn't work. Hope you can recommend me something else.

p.s. Thanks a lot, we didn't expect something like that.

Hi,

I think the next step would be to try a simple translation... perhaps try translating a 4 digit number to another.

e.g.

Translation Pattern = 1234

Called Party Transform Mask = 'extension number'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: