cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity check voicemail messages sent to a CTI route point

ldsouza
Level 1
Level 1

The current configuration is the Auto Attendant is directed to a CTI route point (extension 9501) which forwards to Voicemail (9000). How do I listen to these voice messages from a phone since none of the phones are associated with that extension 9501?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Steven Stuart
Level 1
Level 1

In Cisco Unity go to the voicemail box and add an alternate extension that will allow you to listen to those messages from another extension.

Joseph Martini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can assign an alternate extension of 9501 to an already created mail box or you can dial the VM pilot if 9501 already has it's own voicemail box and press *, it will ask for your ID which will be 9501 and then the PIN, allowing access to another extensions messages from any phone.

Joe,

Thank You for your quick response. 9501 has a voice mail box but there is no associated user with it. How do I set the pin for an extension (with a mailbox) that does not have an end user.

I tried to set the alternate extension for that mailbox but I get an error that the extension that I select (5316 that has an end user associated with it) is already part of the partition.

Thanks in advance.

Laurel

My bad. There was a user associated with that extension and I was able to change the pin. But still having trouble with the alternate extension error.

Thanks,

Laurel