cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection - Message File Extraction

m.newbould
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with a Unity Connection system running on version 7. The Unity Connection system is being used purely as a voicemail service, and has no connection into the data network where the user workstations reside. There is presently no unified communications configured or used, the users simply retrieve their voicemails using their telephone.

A message has recently been left for a user, and the customer is wanting to be able to extract that .WAV file for the voicemail from the Unity Connection server. Is this possible and if so what would be the best way to achieve this?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards

Mark.

2 Replies 2

garethpeart
Level 3
Level 3

There are a couple of fairly easy ways of doing this:

1. Give the user rights to log in to the ciscopca message inbox and have them download the message.wav file

2. Download and install the Unity Connection Message Archiver program from http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/MessageArchiver/MessageArchiver.html This will allow you as an admin to track down the VM and pull it from the system.

There are some other ways, but the above what I personally use.

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

Thanks for the response and apologies for the late reply. I am awaiting an opportunity to test this with the client, but will let you know if there are any issues.

Best regards

Mark.