cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cme autoattendant and using asterix as a conference server

jplacer
Level 1
Level 1

hello all.  This is a question about setting up  cme  to work with a Trixbox as a conference server.  I have this running just fine with a sip trunk over to the trix box and it works BUT  i need to use two users to do this which is my issue

to get this to work  from the autoattendant

first i need to create a user in CME ( conference1 for discusion purposes)    This user has an extension assigned.  ( say 600)    then i have to configure the  extension 600 to call forward all to the  conference   number   ( sayy 700 )  .  700 is defined in a dial peer with the   pattern in it  ( ie 7T)  for transfer to the trix box.   This works just fine.    BUT  now as each of my users gets a conference  also I need to use up two user counts  ( one for the user  ( ie jsmith) and one for their  conference user.    So  my 50 user cme box can effectivly only have  25 real users!  

If I do not use a dummey conference user  when i try to enter the conference extension in the autoattendant prompt.  ( ie please enter the number you wish)  I get the message  "that extension is not valid"  or approx that)

So my question is how  can I get the  transfers from the autoattendant to work without using up a dummy conference user with  call forward all configured on their extension  to work in CME??????    This is a cme 15.x version btw.  but the same problem was when it was 12.4X.  This is not a TRIX issue as it works just fine  if i forward the  conference users extension to the   internal con number.   

To confound it further  on a phone already  on the network I can dial the con extension directly no problem  ( ie dial 700 ) an it works just fine.  This issue is only for calls that go through the attendant from the outside pstn. 

Thanks. 

James.

1 Reply 1

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

I have a question about autoateendant.
is it running on cme using unity express. if it is like that, you need to put allowexternaltransfers parameter to true. you can find this parameter under autoattendant. then you can transfer to numbers on trixbox.

HTH
Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App