cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME/CUE V7.1 Live answer or AA based on Hour of day

jamesbruce
Level 1
Level 1

How would I set up incoming Call routing based on Time of Day?

Cisco 2821 running CME/CUE 7.1 with NME-CUE module.

Client would like all calls to be answered by Live Operator from 8am to 12PM, AA from 12PM to 1PM, Live Operator from 1PM to 5PM, AA after hours

I know how to use a translation profile to direct the incoming calls to either an AA or Operator Extension, but cant seem to figure out how to do the above.

Is this possible, and if so, how would I go about it?  If it is possible, a sample config would be appreciated, or if you can post a link to a Cisco technote that has an example.

Also, has anyone set up the Cisco Unified CallConnector for Microsoft Office  and Cisco Unified Call Connector Operator Console integrated with CME?

Thanks in Advance.

1 Reply 1

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The easiest way to do this is via night-service.

Send the call to a DN that is mapped on the operator phone.  Have call-forward night-service and night-service bell configured under that DN.  Then specify the night service time.

That way, the phone DN rings during business hours, and hits CFNS to the AA during the night hours.

You can also send the call directly to a CUE AA, and write a custom script with the CUE Script Editor to specify a schedule and the routing logic of where to route the call depending on the time.  The advantagr with this method is you can account for holidays, which you can't do with the night-service method.

Yes, I've set up UCC with CME several times.  There are some gotchas with the integration.  I highly suggest sitting down and reading the UCC  documents before trying to configure it.

-Steve Holl