Views
Helpful
Replies

Conferencing Issue

hassanalirazi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need some clarification on some issues regarding conferencing i hope you guys can help me.

I have a setup in which we have CUCM 8.6.1 providing services to IP phones in remote regions over WAN. For inter region communication the codec being used in G.729. We only have a software conference bridge and so inter region conferencing with g.729 won't work. The intra region codec by default is set to g.711.

My question is shouldnt intra region conference work? Am i missing something? Do i need to create an explicit relationship of the region with itself? I might be way off need some help.

Regards

9 Replies 9

Hi

What is the remote location that you are using g729?

CME OR The phones at the remote location registered to CUCM?

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

no the phones just register with the CUCM over the WAN

At the remote locations you have Voice Gateway?      

The conference that you are trying is with internal users?or with PSTN network?

What actual is the problem.The line drop down when you try to perform a conference?

Please rate all useful posts Regards Chrysostomos ""The Most Successful People Are Those Who Are Good At Plan B""

basically when the customer tries to initiate ad hoc conference the call drops with a busy tone most probably they are trying to conference in using PSTN.

There is no gateway at the remote location PSTN access is also over the WAN.

Intra region conferencing shouldnt it work by default?

Hi,

The problem is that you software conference bridge supports G711 only and the PSTN line to the branch most probably is using a G729 codec, thus it will not work.

You can try creating a conference using phones from the branch only (if all of the configs are right, it will work).

HTH,

Nick

Hi

Its there3 by default but you have to assign the correct config at their configuration

For example the device pool that you have configured there must be the device pool for the phones that you have the issue

Example:

Below the conference bridge is registered with my SUB

The device pool that i use is the same device pool with my phones at this location

Also you are using a G729 for this location..If you call one phone at the remote location (using g729) and then the remote location try to tranfer the call to one number in PSTN i believe that you will have the same problem

Check it and if yes then the issue is with the codec

If this is the issue you have to create a trancoding (Cisco IOS Enhanced Media Termination Point) with yourt VOICE GATEWAY

Let me know if this is the issue and i wil stracture you how to do it

The device pool for the CFB is set to default. The thing is that its just not one site that is connecting to us there are many.

Do the phones and the CFB have to be in the same DP for the conference to work?

If your phones have a specific device pool and not the default like the conferencing, then yes you have to use the same otherwise it will not have any affect

Something  that i forgot to mention

in the device pool you can find the Media Resource Group List.In the Media Resource Group List you can assign a

Media Resource Group .There in the Media Resource Group you can assign the conferencing Bridge and also the trancoding , etc