cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CP-8845 wireless internet issues

kristinmac13
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone! So I currently work for Cigna/Evicore and they can't seem to help me. So I have a Cisco phone, model CP-8845 and currently at my house we are unable to get hardline internet. We were able to get starlink satalite internet or T-mobile broad band internet. We Went with T-mobile and it works great. Its fast and the signal is great but my cisco phone/meraki wont work with it. I can log on into webex and join my meetings and call in from my cell phone but my cisco phone is refusing to work with the network I have. It keeps going to regisering and unprovisioned. After sending me two phones they finally told me I had to have a hardline internet my cisco phone to work. Anyone know if this is true? Can I get a good booster/router even though my signal was fine? IT told me its not the speed of my internet, there is too much lag beween the internet and phone.   Anyone know of anything and i mean ANYTHING I can do to get this to work on my tmobile internet.  Hardline internet supposingly wont be in my neighborhood for awhile. 

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@kristinmac13 wrote:

After sending me two phones they finally told me I had to have a hardline internet my cisco phone to work. Anyone know if this is true?

The 8845 does not have a WiFi card and it requires an ethernet connection to the router/modem or switch. 

How did you power up the phone?  Injector or power brick?