Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS cannot be deleted, but no dependancy is on it

cciejfliu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to detele a CSS which is no longer requested. That's 0 dependancy record showing on CSS, but I couldn't delete it and saw the following error message on CUCM.

=======================================

Delete failed. The pkid column in the callingsearchspace table in the database  is being referenced from another table. Please check the dependency records,  remove the reference, and then try the delete again.

======================================

I also saw the same issue on a device pool which I want to detele as well.

CUCM is running on 7.1(3). At moment, I don't have OS access to CUCM, and so cannot run SQL in CLI.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards

Bob

2 Replies 2

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bob

Did you recently or at any point of time migrated or import some data into this CUCM using BAT tool ?

If yes , then you might want to check secondary CSS on devices (phones) on the BAT tool. This can be one of the reasons , but there are lots of other places, where these CSS can be refered but not shown on Call Manager web-page.

If it is secondary CSS , then you might want to clear of that field from and re-upload the data , if not .. i suggest go ahead with the TAC case , it may require root account to CUCM to determine which tables are using the CSS.

Thanks

Aditya Gupta

Hi Aditya,

Thank you for your reply. I believe it is related to some templates used in BAT tool, even though I haven't found it

Thank you for your help again.

Regards

Bob