Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS Question

Nick Payton
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

Due to Jabber for Mobile not supporting CMC, I am attempting to get a little creative with how we route our calls.  I need some assistance with the CSS/Partitions.

Current scenario:

All desk phones are located in the partition internal.  The internal partition has a route pattern associated with it for long distance calling with CMC codes.  This is how we are tracking our users that make long distance calling, and making them aware via the pin, that they are being tracked.

Now with Mobile Jabber, it does not support CMC functionality.  I have created a new CSS/Partition that includes the internal partition, as well as a new partition Mobile_Jabber.  The Mobile_Jabber partition is associated with a route pattern that does not force CMC for any call.  All calls from a device in Mobile_Jabber can reach the internal devices, and vice versa.  The issue is I cannot figure out a way to ring both devices with the same DN that are located in the 2 separate partitions.

My issue is I cannot determine a way to have both phones ring at the same time since they are located in separate partitions.  Is there any way around this?

Thanks for any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have two equally good matches when you dial, the order of the partitions in the CSS is used, and you'll reach the one that shows up first, you cannot dial the same DN in two different partitions at the same time, you can only ring one. There is no way around this.

Perhaps you should create a new RP that does not require CMC, and instruct users to dial thru that one when using Jabber.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Nick,

You can assign both the hardphone and Jabber in the same partition as only CSS determines which route pattern to hit (whether the one in which CMC enabled or the other one).

But assign different CSS for jabber and this CSS should contain the partition of Route pattern in which CMC not enabled.

HTH

Rajan

I placed DN's in the internal partition on CIPC and Jabber.  CIPC successfully connected to the route pattern with the CMC.

I then edited the CSS on the Jabber phone to a CSS that only contains the partition Mobile_Jabber.  

The Jabber phone is still hitting the route pattern that is associated with the internal partition that requires CMC.

If you have two equally good matches when you dial, the order of the partitions in the CSS is used, and you'll reach the one that shows up first, you cannot dial the same DN in two different partitions at the same time, you can only ring one. There is no way around this.

Perhaps you should create a new RP that does not require CMC, and instruct users to dial thru that one when using Jabber.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Definitely overthought that one..

Changed and up and going.

Thanks Jaime!