cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE Media Flow Around SIP to SIP G729

kelvin.blair
Level 5
Level 5

I'm getting mixed information from two parties. Can someone who has implemented Media Flowaround with SIP to SIP deployments tell me if it is supported with G729? The documentation doesn't really say much about the limitations.

THXS

4 Replies 4

Hi Kelvin,

In media flow-around the CUBE is not involved at all with the media, and the cube should not have any type of issues with this.

-nick

That is what I thought, but the issue that has been mention is due to different types of signaling. For Example Delay Offer to Delay offer has no issue. Early offer to Early offer has no issue. Since UCM 6.X only sends a Delay offer and the provider expects early offer the need to change the type of signaling at the CUBE is needed. Since the original leg differs from the final leg I was told it would not work. With that being said, if it is SIP to SIP with Delay to Early is the media flowaround still supported for G729?

Hi Kelvin,

DO-EO flow-around is not supported for SIP-SIP gateways. This is in the restrictions here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/voice/cube/configuration/guide/vb-gw-sipsip.html#wp1309838

Cisco IOS Release 12.4(9)T and later releases:

•Media flow-around for Delayed-Offer to Early-Offer audio and video calls is not supported.

It looks like for flow-around you would need to enable MTP on your CUCM SIP trunk, or have your provider accept delayed offers. I'm guessing the former will be simpler.

hth,

nick

Yep.. Read the same thing. Just making sure I wasn't reading that incorrectly.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: