cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.x Conference Now - Almost Perfect - Redesign ?

cadjoe
Level 5
Level 5

Ok, the Conference Now feature is better than MeetMe conference,

however, I feel that a slight redesign would make it perfect.

The major problem I have with Conference Now is the Attendee password.

The only way that the Host can change this password is to ask the Admin, or log into CUCM Self Portal.

Problems:

1) I don't even let my users know that the Self Portal exists.

2) A computer is not always handy when you need to create a meeting, even remotely via MVA.

What is extremely scary is users will get lazy and forget to change it, soo:

on Monday, HR Manager has a meeting at 9:00 AM and the Attendee password is 1234.

on Friday, the HR Manager creates a quick meeting with a manager and the Attendee password is the same.

So ANYONE that knows the HR Managers Meeting Room #, can just sit in the room waiting for another meeting.

Yes, you can kick them out of the meeting after a certain # of minutes, but its possible to have someone in the meeting not invited.

I think this is how Conference Now should work:

1) Send out your meeting invite to your room, and tell them a new made up password.

2) Attendees join early, key in the meeting room ID, get put on hold, and wait for Host.

3) Host logs into meeting room, it asks to provide Attendee password, key in password from step 1.

4) Upon the meeting starting all attendees on hold are now prompted for the password. 

5) If correct, then they are added to the meeting.

Yes, a Version 12 of CUCM would be awesome to have Voice Annouce upon entering or exiting, but the password issue is a huge security risk.

Just my thoughts for a change or at least a feature request to provide the Attendee password upon meeting creation thru the phone.

Anyone agree?

CadJoe

CUCM, Gotta Love It!

15 Replies 15

Justin Winter
Level 1
Level 1

Yes! Cadjoe this is what I am currently running into. If there was some means of a group policy that you could administer so users would be required to change their pin per conference, it would eliminate a great amount of security concerns. I thought I was just going crazy when I couldn't find these options, but evidently, there just aren't any available.