Helpful
Replies

cucm 8.5 h323 registration issues

Matthew Doyle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

H323 gateway showing ip address unknown,

I have created to route patterns "911" and "50[3-5]X" and point them directly to the H323 gateway.

gateway and phones (registerd to cucm) are in same regions,locations, device pools.

GW config attached, all dial peers work between this gateway when in CME mode and another CME gateway (with PSTN simulator on PRI T1)

Im assuming the main issue is the H323 gateway showing IP address unknow, I am aware that registration will always show unknown for non-mgcp gateways.

the interface with 192.168.15.254 as you can see by the attached config has the #h323-gateway voip int and #h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 192.168.15.254

I also tried #debug cch323 all which did not return anything, so it looks like the call isnt hitting the h323 gateway.

any help or direction would be appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I see that you have configured "#h323-gateway voip int and #h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 192.168.15.254" in the data vlan interface.

Recommended setup is to use loopback IP for binding H323 traffic as its always reachable. You could also try that if you wish.

Can you confirm you have reachability between the data and voice vlans. Try pinging IP 192.168.15.254 from CUCM CLI using utils network ping command or from OS admin page.

Reset H323 gateway in CUCM once and check after this.

HTH

Rajan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I see that you have configured "#h323-gateway voip int and #h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 192.168.15.254" in the data vlan interface.

Recommended setup is to use loopback IP for binding H323 traffic as its always reachable. You could also try that if you wish.

Can you confirm you have reachability between the data and voice vlans. Try pinging IP 192.168.15.254 from CUCM CLI using utils network ping command or from OS admin page.

Reset H323 gateway in CUCM once and check after this.

HTH

Rajan

thanks Rajan,

h323 gateway did not want to register with the sub-int, but when i created a loopback interface and voip bind commands it registered.

Glad that helped.

Cheers,

Rajan