Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and avaya integration one way calling issue. via sip trunk

Ajith Nayak
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I have a  SIP trunk with CUCM and Avaya server.

we can make calls from cisco to avaya over the WAN I have an MPLS link however I am not able to call to my cisco phones from avaya phones what might be possible issue?

I am not trained on AVAYA what all things I might sugest the avaya administrator to look for.

Also Is there any technical document avaiable for such deployment? if yes kindly share.

Also do TAC support such deployments?

SIP ports 5060,5061 is open bidirectional any other firewall ports recomended?

Also I have tried with any any

Please help.

Ajith--

4 Replies 4

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ajith,

I had couple of discussions in the past however we had issue in opposite direction viz from Cisco to Avaya.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12497576/sip-trunking-between-cucm-91-and-avaya-ipo-500v2

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12462591/sip-trunk-cucm-9-avaya-ip-office-500-v2-issues

First thing to check here, CUCM getting INVITE or not? This will help us from where to start.

Also find attached the DevConnect integration guide.

Thanks

Vivek

Hi,

Agreed with Vivek. However, my preference to check this from firewall side to make sure that are clearing any connectivity issue.

If you are having Cisco ASA, try the command 'show conn add #cucm_add# add #avaya_add#.

If you still want to check it from CUCM, you can go to RTMT > Call Manager > Call Process > Session Trace > Real Time. Filter by calling or called number for last 60 mins and check the logs. If you see a log for your call, then it is hitting the CUCM and you can share the log details by hitting Trace Call.

If you don't see the log in CUCM then we are having connectivity issue.

Tagir Temirgaliyev
Spotlight
Spotlight

if u have firewall in between so u need to open rtp bidirectional too from all phones cisco to all phones avaya or check mtp requed. I dont know how to do in avaya

Divina Vitorino
Level 1
Level 1

Ajith, TAC supports this kind of implementation. 

It's very important to check the MTP and codec negotiation between the two parts. 

If you have MTP enabled on Avaya but not on cisco you may experience that kind of issue.