Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Cong call video quality issue

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

we have cucm 10.5.x and ip phones dx650, 9971.

when i am going to two party and three party video conf call on local network, video quality is not good.

i have applied below details to region for phones device pool:

region     Audio Codec                   max audio bit rate             max session bit rate for video calls            max session bit rate for immersive video calls

default   use system default                64 kbps                                 2048kbps                                             2147483647kbps

but still facing same bad quality video on call.

can someone help me how to fix the video quality for local network call as for wan calls also we have 50MBPS bandwidth link and it is free 90%?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
5 Replies 5

Hi,

First check your LAN for any broadcast storm, congestion, CPU spikes, etc. Then look for the path connecting both endpoints and verify speed and duplex.

Try to check the debugs for the call to see the amount of BW allocated for video call. This can be done from RTMT.

Also, try to capture traffic using wireshark/port span and share the file to validate the stats.

Do you have any QoS configured on LAN/WAN? You might have misconfiguration

thanks Mohammed.

let me check the points you mentioned. how can see debug from RTMT for video call?

no qos applied for video in LAN as it is local LAN call.

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Go to CallManager > Session Trace > Real Time trace and search using calling/called numbers. Since 9971 is SIP phone, you will get the SIP signaling for this call which should include the bw selected.

thanks but i am unable to find these options under cucm and rtmt also.

i am having cucm 10.5.X

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

From RTMT go to CallManager > Call Process > Session Trace Log View > Real Time Data. There you can search for your call based on called and calling numbers