cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM6.1 User Directory Database access for 3rd parties ?

Tristan Kipling
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I have a large multinational customer who operates a complicated internal directory / AD structure. We operate a CUCM 6.1(4) cluster for this customer which is not integrated into their LDAP/AD (the two directory's are currently totally separate).

They would like to sync their directory using some of the information held within my CUCM user directory (specifically internal extension numbers, we have common user account names which provide a reference point). We want to keep the two environments separate at this stage, so i was looking for a method where i could present some sort of database source to them, which they could then pull from every evening.

I know direct access to the Informix database is not allowed, and i can't think of an easy way to do it via AXL. Does anyone have any idea's how this could be achieved ?

Cheers

Tris

1 Reply 1

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, you can run a SQL query directly on one of your cluster nodes. You will want to have a terminal app that can log to a file. Then you would need to be willing to try and parse the output in some way (or may not?).

There is an AXL tool kit that you can use to run the query as well. It is simple to download and run. However, you would need to parse the output which will be in XML format. Still relatively simple.

I have a 3 part series on the AXL query tool that starts here:
http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/running-sql-queries-on-cucm-6x7x-using-axl-soap-toolkit-part-1.html

The easiest option is to use Bulk Administrator to Export Users.  In CCMAdmin, go to Bulk Administration>Users>Export Users.  Run your query and when asked for the file format, take a look at the layout for both (default) options. Pick what works for you. If there are extra headers that isn't an issue since you can open the output in Excel easily enough.

The last option is the easiest, the second option is more fun, and the first option is the least friendly.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify