cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

For COVID W@H, Configure a Cisco CP-7945G IP Phone to work with Skype

jonathan.hawes
Level 1
Level 1

As a result of COVID-19 forcing me into a work at home scenario, I am trying to make myself more available than just through my personal cell phone.  I have an old Cisco CP-7945G IP Phone I picked up a while ago, and was wondering if instrument this can be configured to work as a desktop phone for standard commercial Skype.  Because I have pushed back on working from home, our company has run out of the small VPN routers others are using.

I looked on the Skype site and could not find anything, so I thought to come here first, becuase, well, the phone is a Cisco device.

Any thoughts?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you cannot use it with MS because they have made modifications to the standard SIP definition most vendors use (including Cisco) and most of the time you need something in between to translate between standard SIP and MS's SIP for things to work.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

If you mean register a Cisco IP Phone to skype or teams, read my initial response.

Refer to MS documentation for compatible devices with skype/teams.

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you cannot use it with MS because they have made modifications to the standard SIP definition most vendors use (including Cisco) and most of the time you need something in between to translate between standard SIP and MS's SIP for things to work.

HTH

java

Is there anyway to setup Cisco IP PHONE with SKYPE or TEAMS? 

If you mean register a Cisco IP Phone to skype or teams, read my initial response.

Refer to MS documentation for compatible devices with skype/teams.

HTH

java