Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS -> Paging amplifier keeps ringing

dan.letkeman
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

Sending a call from an fxs port on a 2801 router to a paging amplifier, and it seems to work as I can hear my voice on the speakers except I hear it ringing while I am taking over the speakers.

Do I need a TAM B to answer the call?

Thanks,
Dan.

2 Replies 2

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dan,

I am guessing that since you reference the TAMB that your paging system is a Bogen. When I have researched FXS integration with Bogen in the past, a TAMB was required. I am hedging a little here because it may be platform specific (i.e. Bogen platform dependancy). You would need to check specific part information. I have also seen the symptoms you describe. I don't recall if it was a Bogen integration or not. The eventual solution in that specific scenario was to use FXO on the Cisco-side.

I'd recommend that you identify the head end model number for your paging solution. Check to see if it requires anything when integrated with a device that is providing voltage on the line (as this is what an FXS port does). That should get you closer to your answer. Of course, you can post and or search for your paging solution model number in the forums. You will find plenty of threads on the topic.

HTH.

-Bill (http://ucguerrilla.com)

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

I tried using an FXO  on the Cisco side, but I just got a busy tone.  There is no voltage at the amplifier side at all.  Is there a way to provide voltage from an FXO card?

It is not a Bogen.  I'm just thinking I need something like a TAM B to answer the ringing call and send the voice audio over to the amplfier.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: