Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting started with CP-8811 with Polycom-based VoIP System

Hello, we recently received 2 Cisco CP-8811 phones, and I can't figure out how to get started with them. Currently, we use Polycom phones, which get their provisioning info from an FTP server that contains config files and the "Application". Calls are placed through a separate VoIP server unit. Is there a way to set up these Cisco phones to use the same provisioning server and VoIP server? 

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The topic has been covered many, many times, a quick search will provide all the information you need.

If you're running Enterprise FW (which I assume you are) don't follow information/documentation for 3PCC/MPP devices.

If you had bought the 3PCC/MPP variant you would have a configuration GUI, and they can also point to a central location for the configuration (as phones with enterprise FW)

If you want to switch to 3PCC/MPP see details at upgrade.cisco.com, there might be associated costs. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I have no idea what FW I'm running. I know I factory reset it, and now the main screen says something about an "Activation Code or Service Domain".  

That's enterprise FW

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Good to know. So is there a special server I need to activate and use the phone? 

shanzhiming
Level 1
Level 1

我也遇到了同样的问题。我收到了两个 Cisco 8811,但无法配置它们。我以为它的配置就像普通的 SIP。简单想想。甚至没有网络界面。