cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I change the maximum call duration through Cisco?

Rpokorny4581
Level 1
Level 1

Hello -

I am a trainer at an inbound Call Center, and have run into issues with agents taking just to long on calls.  After searching online and through our LAN staff internally - I haven't been able to come up with any resolution.

From what I have read, by using  'Unified CME' there is a way that the maximum call time can be set.

I am looking for help on easily understandable instructions that I can provide to our LAN staff on how to institute this crucial feature available through CIsco.

Also, what happens when the maximum call duration time has been met, is the agent 'dinged' in their ear - is the call automatically disconnected?

Please help -

Becky

1 Reply 1

Guru Murthy A
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you're using a Call Manager, you could modify the Service >  Service Parameters > Cisco CallManager > (click on advanced) >  Maximum Call Duration Timer.

This parameter specifies the minutes that a call can remain active  before Cisco CallManager clears it.

Changing this setting would affect all calls throughout the cluster. Also there is no audible alert for users. The call just drops after the specified time.