cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure a virtual dial-peer destination pattern?

There is a virtual dial peer, 22501, that is configured with a destination pattern.  When that call comes in the (H323) gateway from the PRI, it, of, course fails.  There is a voip dial peer, 301, of 8345.... which it's supposed to hit.  But the virtual dial peer is a specific match.  How do I take that destination pattern off of dial  peer 22501?  I can't get in the dial peer like the other, normal, dial peers?  I get "invalid command" when trying. Need help getting it out.

301 voip up up 8345.... 0 syst ipv4:10.208.11.251
89900- voip up up 0 syst 000
98765- voip up up 0 syst 4
91919- voip up up 0 syst 191
92929- voip up up 0 syst  292
22501 pots up up 83452342$ 0 50/0/1
22502 pots up down 1 50/0/2
22503 pots up down 0 50/0/3

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Anthony,

The voice-ports start from 50/0/x created when we configure an ephone-dn on the CME.

Since, i do not see any CME configuration on your gateway, that means you must be using this as SRST.

When IP phones registered on the CUCM loose connectivity, and they register to SRST, these voice ports and dial-peer are dynamically created. And the extension on the IP phone is automatically configured at destination pattern.

Please check if this IP phone(with extension 83452342) is still registered in the SRST mode.

If not, then probably the dynamic configuration has not been washed out completely.

There is no way you can enter in these dial-peer configuration and remove it.

At the moment, you need to reload the gateway to remove this configuration.

Hope this helps.

~Amit

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Amit Sharawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Anthony,

Could you please attach the "show run" from your gateway. Do not past the output here, copy in a text file and attach it here.

~Amit

Amit,   I have attached the sanitized configs.

The configs again.

Hi Anthony,

The voice-ports start from 50/0/x created when we configure an ephone-dn on the CME.

Since, i do not see any CME configuration on your gateway, that means you must be using this as SRST.

When IP phones registered on the CUCM loose connectivity, and they register to SRST, these voice ports and dial-peer are dynamically created. And the extension on the IP phone is automatically configured at destination pattern.

Please check if this IP phone(with extension 83452342) is still registered in the SRST mode.

If not, then probably the dynamic configuration has not been washed out completely.

There is no way you can enter in these dial-peer configuration and remove it.

At the moment, you need to reload the gateway to remove this configuration.

Hope this helps.

~Amit

Amit,  you were right.  It was is SRST mode.  It turns out that the phone was moved from one analog port on a VG224 to another VG224.  The old port was still registering with the gateway.  Once that port was shutdown, that destination pattern went away and now calls are being routed correctly.  Thanks for your help.

Anthony,

Glad to see that issue is resolved.

~Amit