cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Impact of resetting region in CUCM

majeed002
Level 1
Level 1

CUCM version is 10.5.2.  I have created a new region and have done intra & inter region configuration.  Now the new region has configuration that affects the existing regions (like max bit rate between the new region & the old regions).  I have assigned this new region to a new device pool.  Existing regions has its own device pools and there are hundreds of devices in the existing device pools.  New region needs to be reset for the configuration to take effect.

My question is - if I reset the new region, what will be the impact.  Will it affect the existing devices in the existing device pools.  I would like to confirm as this system is in production.

3 Replies 3

Aditya Gupta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Majeed

All the devices associated with that region will going to be restarted if you reset a region.

Regards

Aditya

To make it little more clear....

Reg1 -->  DP1 --> Device1

Reg2 -->  DP2 --> Device2

Reg1 is configured as follows -

within Reg1 - Default audio codec preference list, 64kbps for audio, 384kbps for video, 32256kbps for immersive

Reg1 to Reg2 - Default audio codec preference list, 128kbps for audio, 384kbps for video, 6000kbps for immersive

My question is - if I reset Reg1 (only the region not the DP), will it impact/reset Device2 (in DP2 --> Region2).

Thanks in advance.

If you reset Reg1 , the devices associated to only Region1 will restart . The devices associated to other region will not be impacted.

In your case Device1 will reset and Device2 will not.

Regards

Aditya Gupta