Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Making changes in 8.0.2 SUB

I am new to this call manager stuff but I was taught that it is not possible to make changes to the Subscriber except user facing functions.  However after installing a PUB and a SUB for 8.0.2, I logged into SUB and turned on the activated the services.  Then I started added phones and it let me!  I thought they were not synced so logging into the PUB and the changed I made in the SUB were there.  Is that right or was I taught wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You were taught wrong, you can do admin tasks on any server of the cluster and those are replicated to all servers.

What they told you only happens when the PUB is down or inaccessible, under that circumstance, the DB from all the SUBs locks down to read-only mode via GUI and only UFF (User Facing Features) can do changes in the DB.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You were taught wrong, you can do admin tasks on any server of the cluster and those are replicated to all servers.

What they told you only happens when the PUB is down or inaccessible, under that circumstance, the DB from all the SUBs locks down to read-only mode via GUI and only UFF (User Facing Features) can do changes in the DB.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks, this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: