Views
Helpful
Replies

Max-conn overflow on redundant dial peers

karlareyes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone!

I'm having this issue about having two redundant dial-peers pointing out to different IP addresses, I've setup max-conn for each dial-peer.

Now my first question is if the first dial-peer is reach the max-conn, it will use the 2nd dial-peer?

Second one is if one dial-peer reaches its maximun max-conn why it keeps completing calls, is it a bug? or the max-conn refers to setup connection and not active calls? For example the output of show dial-peer shows this: "connections/maximum = 8/3"

Config:

dial-peer voice 1006 voip
description Cliente Estelcomm
max-conn 3
destination-pattern 10065032.......
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip g729 annexb-all
voice-class sip profiles 100
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.0.1.10
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
!
dial-peer voice 10061 voip
description Cliente Estelcomm
preference 1
max-conn 3
destination-pattern 10065032.......
voice-class codec 1
voice-class sip g729 annexb-all
voice-class sip profiles 100
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:10.0.2.10
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
!

Also I'm attaching the show dial-peer of each one.

Thanks in advance for your valuable help

3 Replies 3

Hello Karla

when you have 2 dial-peers with the same destination pattern what the router is going to do is going to check the preference and route the calls on the dial-peer with the lower preference by default 0, so it will use dial-peer 1006, when the max con is exhausted it will use dial-peer 10061 and if the max-con is met then the call is going to fail

if you don't want this to happen you could add a huntstop cmd on the dial-peer 1006 so when the first 3 calls are established the 4th call will fail instead of failing over to dial-p 10061

Thanks Cristobal! very appreciated your tip.

But what about the issue that the max-conn is not being applied, I mean that I'm getting more calls for these dial-peers than the maximum configured, it could be a bug or what else is missing.

Regards!

have you tried to reload the isr ?

I don't recall having an issue like that when you apply max-conn on a dial-peer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: