cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Voice Access, Enterprise Feature Codes

fieryhail
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I'm working on setting up Mobile Voice Access and Mobile Connect.  Using h.323 hairpinning style.  For PSTN connectivity we're using SIP trunks.  MVA appears to be working as far as CUCM being able to  ring remote destination, the remote destination can pick up and all is good, however the issue is with the * feature codes.  In CUCM Service Parameters, they are set as default.  *81 works for hold, *82 works for Exclusive hold, *83 resumes, those all work fine.  However, when I try to use either *84 for Transfer or *85 for conference, the feature codes do not seem to register.  Not sure why this is.  The remote destination is a CDMA blackberry 9630 or Blackberry 8530, same results with both models.  Not sure why some codes work and not others.  Anyone know where I can get further information on this and/or what may be causing this?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

srsivara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're talking about Enterprise Feature Access (EFA), to attempt transfer or conference a call from the cell phone, by dialing through the CallManager network.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1056325

Let's say a user (A) makes the initial call to the desk phone (RDP), which rings the cell phone too (Mobile Connect). The initial call is answered on the cell phone(C). The correct way to do DTMF transfer is when A talks to C, C needs to punch *82 to hold the call. Then C makes a new call to Enterprise Feature Access DN, once it shows connected (silently), punch in PIN#*84#tagretDN#. Target DN should ring and you can punch *84 again after talking to target or when target is ringing to complete the transfer.

To make the Enterprise Feature Access call successfully, you need to ave mobility caller ID match(either complete match or partical match via service parameter) and the Enterprise Feature Access DN should be configured as the number that matches exactly with the incoming called party number in Setup message from PSTN gateway. This call is actually a PSTN call coming to UCM and UCM will connect it to a dummy device to receive the DTMF digits and redirect the call to the target party.

---

You would need to

- Set the 'Enterprise Feature Access' Cisco CallManager service parameter to 'True'

- Under Call Routing > Mobility Configuration, you would need to configure a unique DID value for EFA number (number that would be presented to the CUCM from the gateway)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1079592 shows the manual dtmf key presses for doing the transfer / conference.

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

View solution in original post

- You don't need a smartphone to get MVA and EFA working.

- Make sure that the outbound dial peer on the H.323 GW can match the number configured under Media Resources > Mobile Voice Access, and route it to CallManager

- Incoming CSS of H.323 gw should be able to reach the MVA partition, and dial the final call out  (in the cisco callmanager service parameter 'Inbound Calling Search Space for Remote Destination' is set to default)

- Check the Cisco CallManager service parameters 'Matching Caller ID with Remote Destination' and 'Number of Digits for Caller ID Partial Match'. For MVA call to work, the calling party number should match up with RD number (based on those parameters) first.

If all seems fine, set cisco callmanager traces to detailed and upload the logs here. Let me know calling party, mva call, final called number, sh run from gw, time stamp of call.

- Sriram

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

srsivara
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're talking about Enterprise Feature Access (EFA), to attempt transfer or conference a call from the cell phone, by dialing through the CallManager network.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1056325

Let's say a user (A) makes the initial call to the desk phone (RDP), which rings the cell phone too (Mobile Connect). The initial call is answered on the cell phone(C). The correct way to do DTMF transfer is when A talks to C, C needs to punch *82 to hold the call. Then C makes a new call to Enterprise Feature Access DN, once it shows connected (silently), punch in PIN#*84#tagretDN#. Target DN should ring and you can punch *84 again after talking to target or when target is ringing to complete the transfer.

To make the Enterprise Feature Access call successfully, you need to ave mobility caller ID match(either complete match or partical match via service parameter) and the Enterprise Feature Access DN should be configured as the number that matches exactly with the incoming called party number in Setup message from PSTN gateway. This call is actually a PSTN call coming to UCM and UCM will connect it to a dummy device to receive the DTMF digits and redirect the call to the target party.

---

You would need to

- Set the 'Enterprise Feature Access' Cisco CallManager service parameter to 'True'

- Under Call Routing > Mobility Configuration, you would need to configure a unique DID value for EFA number (number that would be presented to the CUCM from the gateway)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html#wp1079592 shows the manual dtmf key presses for doing the transfer / conference.

- Sriram

Thank you for the quick response.  It appears that while I thought Mobile Voice was working, there are still some issues.  When I dial in to the CUCM via the mobile connect DID, I get the IVR, it recognizes my incoming number as my remote destination and when I press 1 to make a call and enter an internal number (or PSTN number for that matter) the call disconnects.  I know there are SIP trunks available while I do this.  Not sure what is happening.  The same thing occurs when I try to transfer a call or conference a call.  Also, not sure if this matters, but even though they are blackberry devices, I believe they are operating as a standard "non-smartphone" device, as I do not have any client software installed on the blackberry devices.

I also did not realize that the call transfer/confewrence needed to be initiated in that way.  Thank you very much for the clarification.

- You don't need a smartphone to get MVA and EFA working.

- Make sure that the outbound dial peer on the H.323 GW can match the number configured under Media Resources > Mobile Voice Access, and route it to CallManager

- Incoming CSS of H.323 gw should be able to reach the MVA partition, and dial the final call out  (in the cisco callmanager service parameter 'Inbound Calling Search Space for Remote Destination' is set to default)

- Check the Cisco CallManager service parameters 'Matching Caller ID with Remote Destination' and 'Number of Digits for Caller ID Partial Match'. For MVA call to work, the calling party number should match up with RD number (based on those parameters) first.

If all seems fine, set cisco callmanager traces to detailed and upload the logs here. Let me know calling party, mva call, final called number, sh run from gw, time stamp of call.

- Sriram

I found that I did have a problem with the MVA partition, once I resolved that, dial-via-office works fine, but EFA still having problems.  I'm going to run the traces you suggested.  I'm assuming that since dial-via-office works, my dial-peers on gateway are setup properly.  I'll run the traces and upload them and post back, thanks again for the assistance!

I've been doing lots of test calls with the remote destination.  I can initiate a new call either with someone on hold or not, but after logging into the MVA using my PIN, as soon as i press the * the call disconnects, the MVA IVR simply says "goodbye".

Are you trying to do the 2-stage dialing ? If so, you shouldn't be dialing into the MVA number after putting the original call on exclusive hold (*82). You would have to make a new call to the EFA number (Call Routing > Mobility Configuration). The EFA number should be unique number on the CallManager system, and a unique DID accessible via the PSTN. The gateway should have dial-peers to pass the call to EFA number, to CallManager.

Make sure you have set the 'Enterprise Feature Access' Cisco CallManager service parameter to 'True'

Thanks,

Sriram