Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility and Active Directory

Two questions that I need help with a) not all special characters are available on the Cisco 7962G and other for user name that could have either - or _ and b) When you enter the password you do not get a display of the characters you are entering. So if my password is &!01_Cisco02 how would it get entered via the phone as well as a user name that contains the same type of characters ?

5 Replies 5

Robert Thomas
Level 7
Level 7

Are you trying to login to extension mobility? What is requesting you authentication?

The authentication is MS Active Directory which works fine - the problem is trying to enter the right characters into the phone for both the user name and password.

That’s the reason for me to ask what application on the phone is asking for authentication. Is it Extension Mobility, ippa, a third party SDK developed app?

It is Extension Mobility. We are on Call Mgr ver 8.5 that is authenticating through AD, and we are attempting to login to Extension Mobility on the phone. Is there a way to bypass authentication through AD for EM? If not, is there a way to at least localize the PIN authentication to Call Mgr since the AD passwords have special characters, upper and lower case alpha characters, and so on.

For extension Mobility you use the locally defined PIN, not a password over the AD backend.