Views
Helpful
Replies

More than 8 lines in sip device

Nuno Magalhaes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I need to have in my application a device with 100 lines (+/-), now I'm using a third-party SIP device (advanced) but I only can assign  8 lines to this device.

To achieve 100 lines I need to use 13 third-party SIP device (advanced), but I can't use the same digest user for all, so I have to create a user per device.

Is there a way to have a device (sip device preferably) with more than 8 lines? Or, how I can use the same digest user in multiple sip devices with different extensions?

Regards,

Nuno Magalhães

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's the maximum you can have with SIP 3rd party devices, why do you need 100 lines??? You can probably solve this other way

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I think that 100 lines doesn't make sense, but the client want to see all lines at once, this lines connects to meet me conferences and them are connected to clients outside. But now I have a doubt, it's possible 100 meetme conferences at same time?

Yes, assuming you have enough resources for that, depending on what's the max meetme participants, you might need to have ISRs with nothing but DSPs for that.

If they want to watch a 100 lines, they should be looking into something like ACs, even if you have x number of endpoints in the same machine, how could you possibly see all 100 lines at the same time??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

It's simple, I have a form with squares, each square represents a line, and only make call for meetme previously configured on application settings, and depending of call state, they have different colors and informations.

I want only one device to support all needed  lines or register all sip devices with same digest user, but seems that is impossible, I will use n sip devices and n digest users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: