Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help for flashing a 7971 GE + 7914 EM to SIP protocl

Hello,

I hope that's the correct board...

Now I got an used Cisco Unifed IP Phone 7971 with a combined used Cisco IP Phone 7914 Expansion Module.

For use at a DSL connector (with an AVM FritzBox 7490) it's neccesary to flash a SIP protocol to the phone.

After registering both devices at this official Cisco portal I recognized that the 7971 and 7914 are reached the extended support time by Cisco.

Who may give me a tip or a link to another ressource to get

- the last version of firmware (incl. SIP feature) for both devices, and

- the last version of documentation for both devices?

Thank you very much!

Greetings

Carsten Spormann

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As products go EOL, at least UC ones, they're removed from the downloads and also sometimes the documentation, if the documentation is no longer to be found under cisco.com, then it was removed. The documentation if you were looking for configuration, would be related to how to configure with CUCM, it does not explain how to use the device with 3rd party PBX. Your only resource would be to search the internet for the FW and the documentation if you're still interested in it.

How to configure Cisco devices with 3rd party PBX has been discussed plenty of times at the forum, you only need to search.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The last firmware to support 7970/7971 is 9.4(2)SR4

As what Java said, once a particular model goes past the end-of-support date Cisco removes all relevant information and files from public access. 

The only way to get the firmware is to get the complete filename and search the internet.