Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to keep restarting tomcat to access CUCM admin page

On CUCM 7.1.3, periodically we can't access the admin page.  After restarting the Tomcat service, then we can access it.  I want to find out what's happening to the admin page or Tomcat service that's causing this.  Which particular traces or logs would I look at for this?  The service always shows started.  I see the following errors in the app logs.

Date: Mar 17 16:59:07
Machine Name: CUCM713
Severity: Error
App ID: Cisco Tomcat
Message: : 0: Mar 17 16:59:07.940 UTC : %CCM_TOMCAT_APPS-JAVAAPPLICATIONS-3-WDApplicationError: WebDialer Application error Servlet Name:Cisco WebDialer Web Service Reason:Unable to create provider Cluster ID: Node ID:CUCM713

4 Replies 4

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

Unless you use the click-to-call application, try disabling the WebDialer service.  You may be running into CSCtg96771

It is a 7.1(5) bug but may apply to 7.1(3) too.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

There are a few defects that 7.1.3 CUCM is susceptible to -

CSCtg96771    Tomcat CMLogFileTraceWriter Thread leak by Webdialer ProviderOpenFailure

CSCtj50884    Tomcat - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError due to large number of RTMT requests

CSCtf51606    Upgrade Tomcat to 6.0.29

From the error that you see, it seems like it is due to CSCtg96771.

The tomcat logs, along with the catalina.out file will show what the issue is -

RTMT > Trace and Log Central > Collect Files > Cisco Tomcat (on the second page)

You can also SSH to the server and do 'file get activelog tomcat/logs/*' . You would need an SFTP server application running on the system which is going to download the logs from the CUCM server.

- Sriram

Please rate helpful posts !

Thanks for the reply.  I got the traces downloaded but not sure what I'm looking for.  I got

the Tomcat and the WebDialer traces.  How would I tell if it's bug CSCtg96771?  Or, is this something I'll have to go to TAC for?

Can you disable the webdialer service without impacting production?  If so, do that and if your Tomcat services don't die as they did before you are hitting that bug.

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!