Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nokia E-serie problem (ImmediateDivert)

We use:

CCM 4.1.3sr6d.

Nokia E61i and 65 using Nokia_ICC_Cisco_1.58(2) to register with the CCM in a shared line configuration with 7900s IP Phones.

Problem Description:

The problem we are having is that randomly calls to the shared line extensions (does not matter if the call is coming from another IP Phone, Nokia sccp Eseries or PSTN) it only rings for a quick second and gets diverted to Voice Mial (with no user interference).

From CCM Detailed Traces I noticed that CCM receives a “StationInit: (0907854) SoftKeyEvent softKeyEvent=31” (ImmediateDivert) from the Nokia device and sends the call to Voice Mail. When this happens it will keep on happening till the Nokia device is reset.

I made several tests and reviewed the traces, I noticed that the same behavior is seemed from CCM points of view when from the Nokia you press “Decline” while the call is ringing, this is seemed on the trace as “StationInit: softKeyEvent=31”.

I wonder if this is some kind of bug on the Nokia OS or Nokia ICC version (this is the latest and I tried several versions).

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Thanks

luis quiros

2 Replies 2

sadbulali
Level 4
Level 4

Please make sure that you are using the Nokia Device Type for registering the Nokia devices. There is an installer on Nokia's web site where you download the ICC client. If this does not work, you can try registering the Nokia's as 7960's and can also try using an older version of the ICC client. Version 1.40(2) (or 1.0) was the first ICC client and you may have better luck with that version as it was developed for the CUCM 4.1.

Hello and thanks for the reply on this problem we have.

Yes the phones are configured as Nokia device model on CM (S60).

I will try the first ICC version and adding them as 7960s as you are suggesting.

I tried Nokia TAC but they said that the ICC application is made by 3rd parties so that they would get back to me when they talk to the developers.

I worked at Cisco TAC (Avvid team), but i am not sure if opening a case with them will help, since i checked the traces (CCM traces) and we can see the ImmediateDivert coming from the Nokia devices, so pretty much CCM is WAD.

thanks for the help, please do not hesitate to comment again if you think of something else.

luis quiros