Views
Helpful
Replies

NTP Server

Alfredo Ortiz
Level 1
Level 1
What's up friends

I have the following problem regarding the amount of time to implement the voice service ip

Currently I have a Cisco 4331 router, a 2960x switch, twenty 7841 phones and a Cisco Bussines Edition 6000M server, but due to my little knowledge in VoIP telephony, I do not know the procedure for configuring the call manager in question of the NTP server, which is what does not let me finish the installation of my virtual call manager.

Regarding the configuration of switch equipment and routers I have no problem.

For this, my current Internet provider, does not have the service for voice integration, and thus I would be interested to know if there is a solution to implement VoIP locally, or if I necessarily require a dedicated voice service.

I would appreciate your help, since I am new in this of the VoIP administration.
2 Replies 2

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Alfredo,

If you want only the NTP to proceed with the installation, you can use any linux server in your network as an NTP server or you could also configure any of your cisco gateways to act as NTP server and point its IP address during installation. Make sure that you are setting the stratum of NTP server to a lower value lets say 1.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all useful posts by clicking the star below

Refer below link for NTP configuration on Cisco IOS:

http://www.voicecerts.com/2010/07/cisco-ios-ntp-configuration.html