cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Partition issues with CUCM7.0

abhishekkatta
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have recently started working CUCM 7.0 and got stuck with a basic question. I have two IP Phones A and B. Both the phones are in PT-Internal and both the Phones have default CSS i.e. None.

My question is : Do we need to configure any CSS to get the Phone A talking to Phone B when they both are in same partition ? I know for sure that this is not required in CCM 4.x but in CUCM 7 i am not sure.

4 Replies 4

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

since you moved the phones to PT-Internal, Im assuming you are not in the "none" partition. Best practice is define your PT/CSS for all you phones and not use the "none" defaults. These are typically used for autoregistrations, etc

So create a Internal_CSS. Add the PT_Internal to it and adjust the lines accordingly. It should work then.

Hi,

Thanks It works. But i also want to understand the logic behind this. This was not the case till CCM 4.x right ? Is it a new feature in CCM7 ?

Hi, maybe this link gives you the necessary info:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmsys/a03ptcss.html#wp1041917

See the section "Understanding Partitions and Calling Search Spaces"

hth

Im not sure if it really matters if it worked in 4.x or did not. The point is that it's best practice NOT to use the defaults and configure your own CSS and PTs that make logical sense.