Views
Helpful
Replies

Phone problems needed help

mohamed sebaey
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I have a cisco call manager and cisco call manager express , My cisco unifed call manager is integrated with Ericsson PBX.

problems

1- I have a cisco IP phone 7975 works so fine with CME 8.6 and i use it to register with my CUCM v8.5 , it works fine also. When i use it back for CME the registeration is failed and asked me for upgrade (i tried to do reset by # and etc.... , it is not working and i have still have the same error),

2-transfer problem 

when I Made a phone Call from Digital Extenion ( 2222 ) to Cisco Phone Extenion ( 3333 ) and Cisco phone Transfer my Call to any other Digitial Phone extension ( 2333)  First Receiver ( 2222) receive Caller ID 1111 which is incorrect number.

Thank you

25 Replies 25

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

HI

1-For first issue , you have to plug your Cisco IP phone directly to your CME and try to reset the phone and let it till it finds the firmware and starts downloading.

2-For second issue what about the system which is used for transfer (CME or CUCM) and the number which is 1111 , this number for what

Thank you

please rate if this will help

Hello

MR/Kamal

Thank you for your interest , but the problem is still occur and the system which is used for transfer is CUCM.

Please help

Hi,

make sure you have the firmware files in the flash, and you have the correct TFTP.

for the transfer, you need to add the transfer-pattern under telephony service.

kindly share your config, it will be helpful

HTH

Anas

please don't forget to rate the helpful posts

Hi

1- you can attach your phone again to CUCM and after it register , you can manage it . After that you can change the CUCM IP and try to attach it again to CME , try again. use (debug tftp command).

2-For second issue if CUCM was the controller  , use blind transfer

1. Log into your CUCM publisher and go to the System menu.
  2. Choose the Service Parameter option.
  3. Choose the publisher server from the dropdown menu.
  4. Choose the Cisco CallManager Service.
  5. Scroll down until you find the Clusterwide Parameters (Device-Phone)
  6. Look for the Transfer On-Hook Enabled setting.  By default, it’s set to FALSE.
  7. Change this setting to TRUE to allow On-hook transfers.

Thank you please rate

Hi kamal & Anas

Thanks for support

1- I did all required steps and the tftp of CME of course has the image .

2-Call transfer through CUCM and i do not need to use blind transfer , my case is different. Please find the above .

Please any ideas or any help.

thank you

Hello

please any ideas?.

thank you

Hello

any suggestions?????

1- I have a cisco IP phone 7975 works so fine with CME 8.6 and i use it to register with my CUCM v8.5 , it works fine also. When i use it back for CME the registeration is failed and asked me for upgrade (i tried to do reset by # and etc.... , it is not working and i have still have the same error),

2-Transfer problem

when I Made a phone Call from Digital Extenion ( 2222) to Cisco Phone Extenion ( 1333 ) and Cisco phone Transfer my Call to any other Digitial Phone extension ( 2333  First Receiver (2222 ) receive Caller ID 1111  which is incorrect number (AA).

please any assistance

Hi Mohamed,

kindly share your CME config

regards

Anas

Hello Anas

Thanks for your answer , it is along time to receive answer. Let me check somethings , i have to issue on for CME and other for CUCM

1st issue (Cisco IP phone with CME registeration) , for details find above.

2nd issue (CUCM with ericsson PBX integration) the problem as i discussed above .

that is all

Hi,

for your transfer issue, you connect through your H323 GW, right ?

I think your issue due to service parameter "block offnet to offnet calls". under the voice gateway configuration there is a field for call classification, kindly change it to on-net and test your transfer.

HTH

Anas

Firstly my call flow as below

CUCM ---- MGCP GW  -----E1 trunk---------Ericsson PBX.

call from ericsson to  cisco , cisco do transfer for othe ericsson ext , the number which appear is the AA of ericsson PBX

waiting you

under MGCP GW config there is a field called "call classification" change to on net and check your transfer

kindly find the below snapshot

HTH

Anas

Hi

I have already configured  , any suggestions!!!

just to make sure, you can call extensions at PBX , right ?

Anas