cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem configuring SPA122

Colin Brown
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue trying to set up an SPA122 to use an analog phone with VOIP.

Cisco SPA122 (ATA with router) , LAN, 2FXS.
HW Version: 1.0.0
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 (004) Jul 31 2014
Serial No. CCQ165005MO

In Windows 10 I have used "View Network Connections" to disable Wi-Fi and enable Ethernet and can connect to the modem on http://192.168.15.1 and login with cisco/cisco.

My New Zealand internet provider has supplied VOIP number and password, SIP proxy and port.

After factory resetting the SPA122 I have changed and saved the following settings:

Administration - Management - Web Access management:
Remote Management -> Enabled

Voice - Line 1 - Proxy and Registration:
Proxy -> provided SIP proxy

Voice - Subscriber Information:
Display Name -> provided VOIP number
User ID -> provided VOIP number
Use Auth ID -> yes
Auth ID: provided VOIP password

The default SIP port of 5060 matches the provided SIP port.

Next I connected the SPA122 internet port via the same Ethernet cable that works plugged into my Win 10 computer to one of my Netcomm N600 (NB16DG) modem Ethernet ports.

Changing my computer back to use Wi-Fi and disabling Ethernet I wirelessly can reaccess the Internet via the N600 through my fibre connection.

However I cannot see http://192.168.15.1 now. Also, and more importantly, my analog Panasonic cordless phone plugged into Line 1 on the SPA122 is not able to send/receive calls.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Colin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SPA endpoints are supported in the SMB area of CSC

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

SPA endpoints are supported in the SMB area of CSC

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks

It took me a while to figure out that you are indicating that this should have been posted in the Small Business Support Community section of the Cisco Support Community forum. I could find nothing in the router configuration menus related to SMB or CSC.

I will repost there.